Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. We currently own and operate approximately 300 residential properties spread throughout 15 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is valuable and every person is special. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
The Utilities Analyst reports to the Director of Energy Services and assists in areas including energy consumption analysis and resident reimbursement programs. This position requires establishing and maintaining good working relationships with Regional Managers, Property Managers and Regional Facilities Managers to ensure that programs run efficiently and effectively. You will be required to provide energy audits for communities in order to identify any issues that require correction.
What we’ll expect from you:
- Assist in underwriting utilities for acquisitions.
- Assist accounting with researching and providing variance analysis
- Assist in preparation of annual utility budgets for all communities.
- Assist in reviewing monthly utility financials.
- Manage continuing service agreements with local utility companies
- Assist in management of resident billing programs with our outside vendors.
- Research high usage utility bills and identify opportunities for expense reduction.
- Review exception reports and work with vendor and/or site personnel to correct any discovered issues.
- Monitor vacant utility expenses to identify areas for investigation in efforts to reduce costs and identify utility theft.
- Review to ensure utility accounts are setup correctly with our third party vendors
- Learn the software systems used internally and understand their integration with outside vendor systems.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 4+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency creating spreadsheets and manipulating data
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers pro