Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. We currently own and operate approximately 300 residential properties spread throughout 15 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is essential and every employee is valued. Morgan Properties is a Philadelphia area based company and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” in the Philadelphia metropolitan area for the past six years. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration
Summary: Work with the payroll manager to complete all payroll functions of the organization, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of biweekly/weekly payroll with duties as assigned by Payroll Manager
- Assist in researching, analyzing and resolving payroll related issues or questions from employees and other internal staff as directed by the Payroll Manager
- Process off-cycle check requests, including PTO cash outs.
- Reviews time & attendance, manager approval, and pending PTO reports
- Reviews and addresses payroll tax notices and rate changes
- Maintain all payroll filing systems including employee active and terminated files as well as payroll vendor files.
- Transition payroll filing system to include electronic files.
- Process weekly & bi-weekly payroll reports
- Maintain Wage Attachment files and update electronic tracking with each processed payroll.
- Produce and write reports from payroll system.
Requirements and Desired Skills
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Accounting. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years related work experience
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll laws
- Knowledge of local and state sick laws preferred
- Efficiency and attention to detail is critical.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Proficient in the use of a PC including email functions
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) with ability to create and/or maintain documents
- Proficient working knowledge of ADP WorkforceNow
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center