Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. We currently own and operate approximately 300 residential properties spread throughout 15 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is valuable, and every person is special. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
The Service Manager reports directly to the Regional Facilities Manager as well as interfaces with the Property Managers, Regional Manager and Regional Facilities VP. He/She is responsible for ensuring that the physical aspect of multiple apartment communities meets company’s standards and applicable laws in the areas of inspection, maintenance and repair. Directly supervises multi-site maintenance staff and leads team in diagnosis and repair in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for establishing and preparing a 24 hour on-call scheduled. Responds to on-call paging, as and when necessary.
- Establish and adhere to a preventative maintenance schedule for all property equipment and apartment systems. Perform and give recommendations for high level repairs if and when required.
- Guides workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings and mechanics on HVAC repairs.
- Develops production schedules for the make-ready maintenance of all vacant units.
- Directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, inspecting/monitoring progress.
- Directs workers engaged in the general cleaning and upkeep of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows and inspecting/monitoring progress.
- Manage and organize the inventory of all maintenance materials to include tools, equipment, and supplies and look at employing cost-effective ways of ordering supplies and explore best value for price.
- Regularly inspects and ensures that vacant units are secure, lights and air conditioning are off, and that heat is maintained at the lowest possible setting.
- Directs workers assisting other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies and inspecting/monitoring progress.
- During winter storm expected to be on call at short notice and make arrangements for snow removal.
- Responsible for documenting, reviewing and executing an emergency plan if and when required.
- Confers with Property Manager and Maintenance staff to coordinate and review work orders. Inspects completed work for conformance, specifications, and Morgan standards.
- Responsible for keeping the maintenance shop clean and orderly and ensuring those co-workers are also maintaining cleanliness, safety and hygiene.
- Directs workers engaged in the patrol of the site on a daily basis for trash and disabled cars and record/report of any dubious activities to the Property Manager, ensure security measures are being adhered to at all times.
- Interprets general company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations as described in manual.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Manage employees: Work to inspire team spirit in staff and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems. Responsible for on the job training of new Maintenance staff members. Supervises all maintenance contractors on the properties.
- Update weekly incidental reports.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions to Property Manager and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Studies production schedules and estimates workers hour requirements for completion of job assignments
- Responsible for bringing tools to utilize on site for maintenance repairs.
What we’ll expect from you:
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center