Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. We currently own and operate approximately 300 residential properties spread throughout 15 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is valuable and every person is special. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with handling all current resident processes and concerns, including all related administrative work involved in the coordinating of resident services.
What we’ll expect from you:
- Responsible for resident files which include but are not limited to: renewals and resident retention programs, resident follow up including letters, requests, concerns, lease changes.
- Back up to and assist the Property Manager on the flow of all paperwork and verifications.
- Oversee and assist the Front Desk Receptionist with answering phones, maintaining pet log, resident information card book, extermination log, pool memberships, satellite dish installation requests and other daily functions of the Resident Services department.
- Responsible for communicating with residents about service requests and scheduled work.
- Plan and host resident events and activities on a regular basis.
- Prepare and send renewals and addenda on a monthly basis, follow up with residents to ensure renewal and timely response, meet with residents to ensure renewal. Maintain records.
- Process notices to vacate and assist residents with lease breaks, in-house transfers, smooth moves.
- Perform monthly property inspections and send correction notices.
- Oversee the completion of required staff safety training by the monthly deadline.
- Inspect apartments as needed.
- Assist with filing and maintain the filing system.
- Record all resident correspondences.
- Assist the Property Manager with any requested work to be done.
- Be flexible with hours and days worked.
- Be flexible to help at another community if necessary.
- Assist with activities related to apartment rentals and move-ins as needed.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year College or University, 2-5 years of related experience or a combination of both.
Sales and/or Customer Service experience required.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) skills.
- Yardi Property Management software experience a plus.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers pro