The Field Trainer reports to the Vice President of Training and is responsible for administering, organizing, and conducting classroom and on-the-job training and development for all Morgan team members as needed. This individual will focus on teaching specific areas of knowledge and on-the-job capabilities needed for the various company positions. Training and development to include: new hire orientation, change management initiatives, skill building, training workshops, and customer service program, and safety programs. He/She must represent the company in its relations with residents, employees and vendors and reflect the attitudes, policies and general personality of the company.
- Train new hires as well as current employees.
- Identify and assess training needs within the company.
- Meet with managers and supervisors to ascertain needs.
- Conduct surveys for needs as well as follow up with employees.
- Train employees for specific jobs and be flexible to adjust training based on audience needs.
- Develop, organize, conduct and evaluate training programs.
- Create teaching materials and learning literature.
- Teach skills such as computer applications, phone systems, product use, policies and procedures, planning, customer service, revenue mgmt, and financial reporting.
- Direct structured learning experiences.
- Hold meetings and presentations on learning material.
- Plan, organize, and implement a range of training activities.
- Help employees improve upon or enhance existing skills.
- Develop programs that groom lower-level employees for management positions.
- Evaluate training effectiveness.
- Modify training programs.
- Design apprenticeship, internship programs.
- Create monitored simulations and problem-solving scenarios.
- Create interactive, multimedia presentations.
- Hold workshops and lectures.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university and three+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry related experience in Real Estate or Hospitality preferred.
- Overnight business travel as high as 50% required.
- This is a field-based position.
- Previous demonstrated training experience preferred.
- Experience in creating and conducting public presentations.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center