Summary: This position reports directly to the Regional Facilities manager and works in conjunction with the Regional Manager, Service Manager, and Property Manager to supervise and manage the maintenance operations, staff development, and the financial results of specified properties undergoing renovation. Responsible for managing capital improvement activities and budgets for multiple communities undergoing renovation within a defined portfolio. Ensure that the physical aspects of each assigned property meet company’s establish standards and all applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Outline, develop and manage multiple capital projects as directed by the SVP of Facilities Operations, VP of Facilities Operations, and AVP of Facilities Operations. Follow projects from start to finish.
- Oversee maintenance supervisor of property through capital improvement projects.
- Work with the Regional Manager to outline the timeline and expectations of capital projects with specific site members and vendors before a project commences.
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Managers to oversee and direct the site team members within a portfolio to maintain curb appeal, 24-hour work order status, and status of make ready units per Morgan Properties policies and procedures.
- Immediately available to assist with any property emergency as requested such as fire, or weather emergency.
- Recruit and train maintenance supervisors as needed.
- Oversee all daily maintenance operations of property.
- Responsible for overseeing the emergency plans implemented for each site, and will conduct regular inspections verifying a property emergency plan is in place and that the entire property staff is trained in emergency procedures
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Manages in conjunction with Property Managers and 2 or more subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 1 - 10 employees in the on-site Maintenance Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or technical School
Five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel and Yardi Property Management software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations