Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. As of 2018, we currently own and operate 150 residential properties spread throughout 10 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is essential and every employee is valued. Morgan Properties is a Philadelphia area based company and has been recognized as a “Top Workplace” in the Philadelphia metropolitan area for the past five years. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration
What you will be doing:
The Regional Manager oversees all operational and financial aspects of an assigned portfolio to ensure they are meeting and exceeding the expectations of owners, residents and investors. This position directs and coordinates all activities of the properties in their portfolio to ensure that company and/or owner financial and business objectives are achieved.
What we’ll expect from you:
- Provide assistance to Property Managers regarding resident issues such as break lease questions, legal questions, maintenance challenges, staff concerns, and project management.
- Train, monitor, and coach Property Managers and Maintenance Supervisors in all aspects of interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in conjunction with Human Resources. Conduct and monitor written evaluation of employees and make recommendation for salary increases to Area VP and Human Resources.
- Review, verify and adjust annual property budgets prepared by Property Managers and present to Sr. Management as required. Review expense distribution reports and actual performance to budget monthly. Review income reports and performance to budget monthly.
- Must be available on-call 24 hours a day in case of emergency.
- Interact with Property Managers to address property performance and any outstanding issues such as resident concerns, employee issues, reports due, etc.
- Ensure timely collection and deposit off all monies on property.
- Ensure that resident requests are handled appropriately and timely in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee and direct Property Manager in all efforts pertaining to marketing the property (example: advertising, training staff, increasing traffic, etc.). Be familiar with competitive apartment communities in the area.
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishment, inventories and purchase orders through Quarterly Inspection.
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained in regards to resident ledgers to include, but not limited to, security deposits, additional fees, prepayments, and utility and rent charges and payments.
- Study and evaluate ways to improve quality, efficiency and economy of services and facilities.
- Work with Property Managers and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure proper purchasing procedures are adhered to and to resolve any budgetary and purchasing issues.
- Monitor, reconcile, review and approve petty cash funds and expenses.
- Continually work to increase income and minimize operational costs.
- Review, analyze and assess maintenance operations with attention to cost reduction. Present requests for needed capital to owners and make recommendations for work to be completed.
- Ensure that all contracted work is inspected and monitored before, during and after completion of work.
- Ensures that all safety initiatives are adhered to and that safety guidelines are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Property Manager License and/or Real Estate License requires as per state and local laws
- ARM, CAM, CAPS, MPM, RMP would be helpful.
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers pro