Summary: The IT Field Service Technician reports directly to the IT Manager and is responsible for the support, maintenance and installation of hardware and software at our remote offices. The IT Field Service Technician will have experience providing onsite technical assistance by diagnosing and troubleshooting a full range of IT-related issues including software, hardware and networking. This is a mobile position that will require consistent, daily travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide timely onsite support assisting end users with all software and hardware issues
- Maintain, support and troubleshoot computers and network devices including desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, scanners, storage devices, switches, routers, cable modems, etc.
- Install new equipment and remove old equipment
- Maintain an inventory for each office
- Maintain IT Department standards for each office. Ensure that every office is set up with standard configuration and all components are functioning correctly. Assure all networking equipment is present and operational.
- Consistently updates and checks in with the IT Manager and other IT staff
- Maintain appearance of computer equipment, wiring and networking components.
- Help with moves and relocation of office equipment.
Requirements and Desired Skills
- A Minimum of 5 years working in an IT Field Technician role
- Experience traveling to multiple remote locations daily in order to troubleshoot IT issues
- Experience providing support for both hardware and software issues
- Experience with MS Windows in an Active Directory domain environment
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Experience with installation and configuration of network printers, scanners and storage devices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to consistently travel locally in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area
- Year end bonus programs
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers products