Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. As of 2017, we currently own and operate 150 residential properties spread throughout 10 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is valuable and every person is special. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
The Rent Collections Specialist performs all activities related to rent collections and security deposit refunds. Apartment rentals, move-ins and lease renewals as needed. Interacts directly with current residents to achieve minimum delinquency, and as needed prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy.
What we’ll expect from you:
- Responsible for preparing and delivering letters to residents to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Confers with customer in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of the contract with resident.
- Contacts delinquent account customer by mail/telephone/in person daily
- Records information about financial status of resident and status of collection efforts in accordance to SSOP guidelines
- Responsible for filing non-payment cases, warrants for restitution, and scheduling evictions with the County Sheriff and eviction crews
- Receives payments and posts amount paid to residents account daily
- Process security deposit refunds within SSOP guidelines.
- Responsible for month end report
- Responsible for maintaining, filing and storing all departmental documents (batches, month end, filing suits, move outs, etc)
- Performs all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins, and lease renewals as needed.
- Adheres to federal and state Fair Housing Laws as well as all company policies.
- Supports team in achieving the goals of the property.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Sales and/or Customer Service training required
- Flexibility with hours and days worked preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers pro