Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Morgan Properties, a family run company, was founded in 1985 by our CEO and President Mitchell Morgan. As of 2017, we currently own and operate 150 residential properties spread throughout 10 states. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every position is valuable and every person is special. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
The Staff Accountant Provides overall department accounting support and assists with a variety of accounting functions within standard procedures in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related financial area.
What we’ll expect from you:
- Prepare Month End journal entries and month end reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling items are resolved in a timely manner.
- Utility analysis.
- Reserve processing.
- Dispositions and Autobill review.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of year end audit and tax work papers.
- Assists in preparation of monthly accounting work papers.
- Perform tenant ledger reconciliations.
- Assists with reconcile of balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Ensure all month-end processes are followed and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Enters and posts daily bank deposits.
- Assists with special projects and due diligence as requested.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially excel.
- Must be goal oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
The “Benefits” of Employment:
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers pro