The Facilities Assistant reports directly to Procurement Supervisor and assists the Facilities Department with general operations. The Facilities Assistant must have excellent communication skills, word and excel skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks assigned to Him/Her in the daily operations. He/She must represent the company in its relations with residents, employees, and vendors and reflect the attitudes, policies, procedures, and general personality of the company by performing the following duties (but not limited to).
- Share workload as delegated by the Procurement Supervisor with 2 other Facilities Assistants.
- Assist Senior Vice-president of Facility Operations. This will involve special projects, typing memos and letters, excel spreadsheets and inter-office correspondence on an as needed basis.
- Assist 10 Regional Facility Managers with information and administrative help requested.
- Create Capital Purchase Orders. Research & resolve problem invoices. Work with accounts payable department on any issues. Request change orders when funds are depleted.
- Mail or Fed-ex capital checks, and Contracts when signed.
- Communicate with Vendors. Answer Vendor’s calls inquiring about payment for capital invoices on a timely basis.
- As needed, type the Capital Purchase Orders and contracts for Facilities Managers. Verify capital budgets and required documents.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets tracking check requests along with any special projects.
- Maintain and create Excel spreadsheets for bid comparisons when requested.
- Responsible for faxing, scanning and copying documents for facilities department.
- Maintain Senior Vice President of Facility Operation’s file system and assist with creating and maintaining expense reports.
- Mail executed copies of capital contracts to contractors.
- Organize and distribute Senior Vice President of Facility Operation’s out bin.
- Assist with keeping records of disaster/fire information and insurance submittals.
- Assist with creating capital and service agreement contracts.
- Coordinate travel arrangements