The Asset Manager Functions as the primary financial resource for assigned Area Vice President along with the Regional Managers and field staff for the property portfolio. This person provides support through assistance with preparation of budgets and measuring property performance against budgets and proformas. Reviews of financials are done monthly in order to identify watch list sites or areas of concern. This person will be collaborating with the team to prioritize issues and implement strategic plans to ensure their portfolio meets annual financial and operational goals.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with assigned Area Vice President and their Regional Managers, Property Managers and other operations staff. Responsibilities include preparing annual budgets, measuring and managing property performance against budgets and pro formas, as well as resolving accounting-related problems.
- Works with operations team to develop annual asset management plans to achieve defined property goals consistent with strategic plans.
- Reviews monthly operating statements and identifies watch list properties. Collaborates with Director of Asset Management and operations team to prioritize issues and develop action plans to address challenges.
- Evaluates ways to reduce controllable operating expenses for portfolio by reviewing historical costs and potential savings or efficiencies.
- Reviews industry data to benchmark and compare financial results of portfolio.
- Participates in the capital budget process by analyzing potential returns on in-unit renovations and new amenities and reviews occupancy and market rent data for properties that have successfully completed similar renovations.
- Identifies reporting requirements and works with staff accountant to ensure proper preparation and distribution of monthly summary reports to partners and quarterly summary reports to lenders.
- Manages the cash draw process and works with staff accountant to gather expense support to submit to partners and lenders.
- Tracks and reports on status of immediate needs repairs mandated by lender in order to obtain escrowed funds.
- Projects and works to increase cash generated from operations for capital distributions to partners.
- Hosts monthly calls with partners to recap financial results and address any questions or concerns.
- Supports Director of Asset Management and Area Vice President in the preparation for quarterly financial reviews and annual budget presentations for senior management.
- Assists Area Vice President with financial training portion of quarterly staff meetings.
- Supports the acquisitions team as needed with financial analysis and the due diligence process for properties we are acquiring.
- Evaluates and adheres to all accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists with special projects as requested
- Position may require up to 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and or 2-3 years related experience and/or trainingor 5+ years related experience and/or training.
- Multi-family experience a plus.
- Asset Management experiene a big plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially excel.
- Must be goal oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Analytical mindset required.
- Year end bonus programs
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan - 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
- Discount on PC Richards Appliances
- Discount on Verizon wireless products/phone plans
- Discounts on CDW Computer Centers products