Excellent opportunity for payroll professional seeking a position that will allow them to not only be hands-on payroll but also provide them with the ability to be creative and make process improvements that affect change across the organization.
Summary: Performs complex payroll, computational, accounting and administrative duties related to the issuance of regular and supplemental payrolls as well as general HRIS administration. The Payroll Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of bi-weekly payroll and related client services, including recordkeeping and reporting for multiple locations. This is a hands-on position that requires this individual to do the related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Directly processes and/or supervises the preparation and maintenance of all payroll and disbursement records, reports and files, and the processing and issuance of payroll.
- Processes full cycle bi-weekly payroll and maintains employee related payroll information. Includes but is not limited to:
- Data entry for all time and attendance,
- Personnel transactions such as new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits deductions, garnishments, status changes, direct deposits, tax changes, loans etc.
- Annual PTO calculation and PTO pay-outs/deductions
- Gross to net calculation, manual check processing, audit and balancing
- Ensures timely reporting and payment of the employer’s and employee’s state, federal and local withholding taxes and miscellaneous withholdings, including garnishments to appropriate agencies. Responsible for quarterly and year end reconciliation
- Prepares and submits bi-weekly reports to Accounting, Accounts Receivable and Human Resources.
- Cross-train designated back-up and Payroll/HR Assistant to administer and process time & attendance and payroll.
- Enforces established payroll related policies, procedures and regulations.
- First point of contact for employees with regard to time and attendance and payroll.
- Composes memoranda and letters and prepares manuals to assist managers and employees throughout the payroll process and year. Composes a variety of correspondence, memoranda, statistical summaries, reports, announcements, manuals and other materials related to the payroll function to assist managers and employees.
- Maintains accurate payroll files, records and reports.
- Document workflow and work procedures.
- Researches and resolves problems.
- Trains incoming managers on the proper usage of payroll systems as well as payroll related policies and procedures.
- Performs research and prepares and maintains standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conducts appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Handles inquiries or user requests such as security, access requests, set-up, etc., in a secure and timely manner.
- Update HRIS with announcements, benefits and payroll information, post updated instructions and company news. new locations
- Assist with Benefits updates and carrier connections, ACA reporting.
- Develop procedures and guidelines for various modules.
- Train HR, site management teams, and new users on processes / functionality, new or existing.
- Design, develop deliverables / custom reports.
- Keep abreast of system updates/changes
- Collaborate towards solutions and new functionality that will solve business needs.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of new processes, systems and/or enhancements, as needed.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service.
Acts as liaison with payroll service providers.
Qualified Candidate's Requirements
- 3-5 years relevant Human Resources, HRIS, Payroll experience and/ or combination thereof.
- Strong functional understanding of HRIS design, structure and process.
- Prior experience in multi-family housing, hospitality environment highly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of state & federal employment and wage & hour laws.
- Strong knowledge of ADP WFN / ADP Comprehensive Payroll Services required.
- High proficiency in MS Word & Excel.
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, Human Resources/Management preferred.
- PHR, CPP preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with focus on Human Resources, Finance or Accounting
- Human Resources, HRIS Experience, Payroll
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening